Saint-Etienne Hors Cadre -THE PROMISE
Saint-Étienne is overflowing with good ideas. HORS CADRE is one of them, one which invites you think outside of the box and see things with a fresh eye. Neighbourhoods that are being transformed, cultural curiosities, design wherever you look... HORS CADRE covers all the initiatives undertaken by Saint-Étienne and the surrounding area to reinvent itself. These bright, scattershot ideas, often a bit scatter-brained, peculiar even sometimes, but always fresh and never preconceived they're all over the city and Sainté (that's us, Saint-Étienne) invites you to come and discover them - any which way you like. So what if, more than just a new way of visiting the Saint-Étienne district, HORS CADRE was actually an opportunity to step outside the box, get off the beaten track and open your mind?
The Collection The City walk The Grand Tour
- At Mr Le Corbusier's
- Football .. and more
- Puits Couriot - Parc Musée de la Mine
- Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce: La Nouvelle Comédie
- There's no losing the thread
- Design is given the freedom of the Cité
- Sainté and the chocolate factory
- Sainte Croix en Jarez: typical and atypical
- Le Pilat. Wide open spaces just beyond the city limits
- There's joy to be had in Saint Galmier!
- A concentrate of Saint-Étienne coffee
- A valley packed with ideas
- Happy business !
- 5 minutes on a test bench with you
- The Biennale, celebration of Sainté's creativity
- Novaciéries reconquers Saint-Chamond !
- Brasserie Stéphanoise: Cheers Sainté!
- Bouthéon, a fun château
- LA Manufacture : A Quarter-ful of ideas
- Graffiti heaven
- Before and after the Loire Gorges
- Nothing quiet on the Eastern front
- 30 years of Modern Art in the museum
- OpenFactory, the fabulous Fab Lab
- Crazy Opéra
- The Musée d'Art et d'Industrie
THE CITY WALK
Take a walk round Saint-Étienne. Several even, in any order, in any direction. Why not start with the Cité du Design, for example.Learn more
The Grand Tour
Who said you mustn't go over the lines? These little trips out past the city line are well worth the effort.Learn more
Of detours and dams
What if we decided to stonewall doom and gloom? Over in Le Pilat, you'll find plenty of stone walls forming dams, plus romantic, wide-open spaces, hiking, waterfalls, an observatory......