Place Saint Pierre
From the 15th century to the start of the 17th century, the square was where the Chapel of Sainte-Barbe was built in around 1480 by the wealthy merchant Mathieu Palerne.
On the site of this chapel, demolished in 1753, the current choir of the Church of Saint-Pierre now stands.
Built by Melchior Mitte de Chevrières, lord of Saint-Chamond, as an extension of the Chapel of Saint Barbe, the church was accepted on 3 May 1609.
The bell tower, started in 1617 and completed in 1645, is covered in copper plates which gives it a particular look.
The entire building has been listed as a historic monument since 1983. The organ deserves particular attention, a work by Callinet (1834), listed as a historic monument.
- Opening period
- Equipments & Services